Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Kingston, Ontario

Well. I'm here. I haven't had internet access all the time, and there are lots of things to do.

I've found an apartment for me and my family. I've met some people, and got a social insurance number, and a health insurance, and a cell phone, and keys to the department and my temporary office.

We have started to check out the book stores. We have found out where gamers hang out. I have read a strange novel I want to review when I'm not so tired.

And the Worldcon 2009 will be in Montreal. Maybe I should stay for another year? Too early to decide yet -- but I confess that it would be fun to be here for the Canadian Worldcon. We simply don't have a convention centre that can be used for something like that in Sweden, so I doubt that the Worldcon will ever be in Scandinavia (but I hear that the Swedish-Norwegian parties have a good reputation at the Worldcon!).

2 comments:

Elliot said...

Welcome to Canada! Glad to hear that you and yours are settling in. Be sure to post about any weird things about Canada that us locals don't notice. :-)

Åka said...

You can be sure I will! I already have a list, it will be cleaned up and appear in public RSN...