Friday, February 15, 2008

The physicality of dancing

This is wonderful! Can scientists dance? asks the "gonzo scientist" column in Science (it might be that you need a subscription to see it). Videos of scientists interpreting their PhD thesis in dance. I really liked the tango version of a galaxy captured by a larger galaxy. I was actually looking for this article about the COUPP dark matter search, but it's easy to get sidetracked nowadays.

And I suddenly very much miss dancing. I tried tango at a party in December, and some of it actually came back to me after the first stumbling turns. Maybe I should take it up again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you liked it! Would you like to take part in the 2009 Dance Your PhD contest?
-John Bohannon (The gonzo scientist)
gonzo@aaas.org

Åka said...

Sounds like fun, but I don't know where I will live and what I will do in 2009. We'll see.