Sunday, May 20, 2007

Steampunk Magazine

In my wanderings across the Internet I recently stumbled upon Steampunk Magazine, "bringing the punk back into steampunk". I read it, and liked it a lot. It has a nice fanzine attitude, I should write a Letter of Comment and a proper review.

In the first issue there was among other things an interview with Michael Moorcock, inspiration for those who want to build weird and odd instruments, and four steampunk stories (at least one of them is to be continued). It strikes me as interesting that two of the stories features mohawk haircuts in funny colours (punk=mohawk?), and the other two contains airships (airship=steam tech?). Well. It's fun anyway, and I do recommend it. I'm glad for the material on Thomas Truax, for example -- fun steampunky music.

No comments: